Meeting Rooms Requests General Information
Midwest Clinic is now taking your meetings and receptions requests during the 2013 conference, held at McCormick Place West. All meeting rooms must be requested through the Midwest Clinic website; there is no longer a hard copy request form. All organizations that request meeting rooms must agree to abide by the Midwest Clinic’s meeting room policies, which are included at the end of this message.
You have the option of holding your events at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place or the Hilton Chicago. We hope you will choose to hold your events at Hyatt McCormick Place since their CC meeting rooms are in the West building, where all clinics, concerts, and exhibits are now held. These meeting rooms are actually owned by the Hyatt at McCormick Place, but they are located on Level 1 and Level 2 of McCormick Place West. They are all in the same two hallways, so that you do not need to worry about some having better locations than others or being more difficult to find.
Meeting room reservations follow the same procedure as in the past: you request rooms through us, we assign them and notify you of your assignments, and then you may work directly with the catering department to plan your events. The deadline is October 1. You will be notified of your room assignment as they are assigned. Any requests coming in at the deadline will be notified no later than October 31.
Music education organizations may schedule meetings throughout the conference.
Meeting rooms at McCormick Place West and the official conference hotels cannot be reserved for product displays or demonstrations, clinics, performances, programs, recitals, or storage.
Please try to estimate your attendance as closely as possible. The larger your attendance, the fewer rooms are available to you. By overestimating, you limit your options, and by underestimating, you run the chance of being assigned a room that cannot comfortably accommodate your event. We ask for your top two time preferences for each event that you would like to hold. By giving two options, you increase your chances that your events can be accommodated at the venue of your choice.
Organizations requesting a meeting room must pay the room rental. The fee schedules for the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place and the Hilton Chicago are included.
If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEETING ROOM POLICY
1. Meetings and receptions held during the conference must be requested through The Midwest Clinic website (www.midwestclinic.org/meeting_rooms/) and approved by The Midwest Clinic office.
2. All rooms will be assigned at the Hyatt McCormick Place or the Hilton Chicago as requested. (Some of the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place rooms are located in the hotel as well as in the conference center with the rest of the Midwest Clinic events; these are the CC rooms). The Midwest Clinic will work with these venues to assign your space. Once you are notified of the assignment, you will be responsible for all preparations and charges related to your events, by working directly with the venue.
3. Organizations requesting a meeting space must pay the room rental fee. A rental fee schedule is enclosed. If food or beverage will be served at your event, it must be provided by the facility’s catering department.
4. Product displays and demonstrations, performances, programs, clinics, or recitals cannot be scheduled.
5. Organizations may request a listing in the “Association Meeting Schedule” in The Midwest Clinic program book. If you change the time, date, or location of your event while working with hotel staff it is your responsibility to alert The Midwest Clinic staff of the change so it may be updated in the program book. If we do not receive notification of a change, we may be providing incorrect information to your guests
6. Organizations that request space between now and October 1 will be notified as assignments are made but no later than October 31.