College Credit Information
The Midwest Clinic offers engaging learning opportunities college music majors or college students of any age looking to earn course credit. Choose from multiple options offered by prestigious institutions like University of Miami and VanderCook College of Music.
There is also our College Night, which provides students and teachers alike to visit with music school representatives of eighty of the nation's leading colleges, universities and branches of the United States Military.
Finally, there are also Continuing Professional Development Units. You can earn a "Certificate of Continuing Education" and advance your general knowledge of music from a staff of the nation's top minds and leaders in music.
College Credit - VanderCook College of Music
A program offered in cooperation with VanderCook College of Music enables participants attending The Midwest Clinic to earn one or two graduate credits towards music education during the conference.
Participants may register on-site at The Midwest Clinic, over the phone, via fax, or online through the VanderCook website. For on-site registration at The Midwest Clinic, participants should visit the VanderCook College of Music booth (in the exhibit hall) at any time while the exhibit hall is open. Phone, fax, online, and mailed registrations will be accepted until January 19, 2016. Mailed registrations MUST be postmarked by this date.
1. Attend sessions totaling at least 12.5 hours for each semester hour of credit taken.
2. Complete a notebook summarizing and critiquing all sessions, including copies of all handouts and other supporting materials. The deadline for notebook submission is January 19, 2016. Notebooks MUST be postmarked by this date.
3. Completed course registration forms must be accompanied by full tuition payment. Click HERE to register and pay online. VanderCook accepts phone and fax registrations with Visa, Discover, or MasterCard. On-site registrants may also pay with cash or a check written out to VanderCook College of Music. The tuition fee is $160 per credit hour.
7225 The Midwest Experience: A Retrospective
1 graduate credit - Tuition: $160 (7225A)
2 graduate credits - Tuition: $320 (7225B)
For additional information contact:
Patrick Benson, Director of Continuing and Online Education
VanderCook College of Music
3140 S. Federal Street
Chicago, IL 60616-3731
(312) 788-1139 direct
(312) 225-5211 fax
College Credit- University of Miami
An online program offered in cooperation with the University of Miami Frost School of Music and Frost Online enables directors attending The Midwest Clinic to earn one or two graduate education credits towards music education classes during the conference. (learn more)
1. Clinic and session attendance
2. Optional online discussions
3. Final paper
As a special accommodation to teachers, a discounted tuition rate will be offered.
1 credit- $300
2 credits- $500
For more information, contact:
University of Miami
Phillip and Patricia Frost School of Music